DUC’s sod seeding pilot program pays you $35/acre and provides extensive agronomic support.
Prevent tillage of grasslands while improving plant diversity, optimizing pollinator habitat and increasing livestock feed quality in poorly producing pasturelands.
- 10-year term
- Agreement is pro-rated, allowing for early exit
- Nothing is tied to land title and no carbon credits are claimed under the agreement
- 30-acre minimum to qualify
- Eligible on pasture acres, including rented land (with landowner permission)
- Not eligible for broadcast seeding establishments
- A winning record: DUC has successfully established 1,200 acres of sod seeding in Manitoba
- DUC agrologists will assist producers with seed mix formulation, seeding rates and equipment specifics to ensure successful establishments
- A grazing management plan is included, with advice on enhancing pasture productivity
- Field(s) must fall within DUC’s Target Areas to qualify
Am I eligible?
Connect with DUC about program eligibility: